Seeeduino XIAO Expansion Board is a powerful functional expansion board for Seeeduino XIAO of only half Raspberry Pi 4 size. It enables building prototypes and projects in an easy and quick way. With its rich peripherals, you could explore the infinite possibilities of Seeeduino XIAO. Circuit python is also well supported by this board.
Many users adore Seeeduino XIAO because of its mini size and elegant design, so Seeed Studio tries its best to keep the size as mini as they could when pursuing the powerful function and rich interfaces. As you could see, the board is of only half the Raspberry Pi 4 size.
Rich peripherals on board including:
- OLED display: Visual data display without connecting to PC, which enables debug in a more efficient way, and builds application such as a sensor hub, data monitor system, .etc
- RESET button: No more jumper wire and short circuit, easy reset with just one click.
- SWD debug: SWD pin led out as male pin header, making debugger connection and firmware download much easier.
- High precision RTC: High precision real-time clock with battery backup, enable maintain accurate time when the main power is turned off.
- Expandable memory: With a mini SD card slot on the back, no worry about the memory limit anymore when adding libraries and using circuit python.
- User button: Besides the RESET button, also provide another user-defined button.
- Passive buzzer: Same passive buzzer on Wio Terminal, with which you could change the PMW frequency to award different beep sound to get a "buzzer music".
- Grove connectors: All pin led out, plug and play grove connectors support common data protocols (Grove IIC2, Grove UART1, A0/D0 Grove*1)
- Lipo Battery Charging: JST2.0mm standard lipo battery connector and battery management system, supports both USB and lipo battery power supply, and easy onboard battery recharge.
- 5V servo connector: 5V output led out to male header for 5V servo and sensor connection.
Though with all these rich peripherals, you may find Seeeduino XIAO Expansion Board also has very high-cost performance as Seeeduino XIAO does.
Seeeduino XIAO has become one of the hottest products in the Seeeduino series since its release. You may adore its small size and elegant design, powerful CPU powered by SAMD21, or rich interfaces of GPIOs, but no matter what reason makes Seeeduino XIAO attract to you, now you have one more reason now - Seeeduino XIAO Expansion Board, which will definitely help you to explore infinite possibilities with Seeeduino XIAO.
Put the Seeeduino XIAO on the expansion board, the XIAO green LED should light up. If you want to know more about Seeeduino XIAO, please click Seeeduino XIAO.
The Seeeduino XIAO expansion board can be powered by a battery, so if you do some demo that needs to be moved, that battery will help you to solve the power supply issue. when you plug the battery please watch out for the positive and negative anodes, follow the picture to connect the battery in case of damage to the board.
In addition, the board charged the battery when you plug the battery cable and the type-C cable and switch the button to on.
As in the picture below, if the LED flashing which means the battery does not charge or the board does not connect battery if the LED keeps the light on which is mean the battery is charging.
Features and specifications:
- Quick Prototyping
- Easy debug and Reset with RESET button and SWD pin led out to the male header. 0.96” OLED, enables visual data to display without PC serial monitor; Convenient plug and play Grove connectors support multiple data protocols, including IIC, Uart, Analog/Digital; No soldering needed with all pin led out.
- Rich peripherals
- OLED display, RTC, expandable memory space, passive buzzer, user button, onboard battery management chip.
- No Soldering Needed
- All pin led out. Convenient plug and play Grove connectors support multiple data protocols, including IIC, Uart, Analog/Digital.
- Circuit Python Supported
- Well supports circuit python. Mini SD card slot enables memory space expansion, making it possible to allocate more libraries needed in prototyping and project building.
- Mini Size
- Compact and elegant with only half Raspberry Pi 4 size, especially suitable for projects that require mini size.
- SWD debug
- Rapid prototyping
- Data display
- Mini Size Project
- Operating voltage: 5V / 3.7V Lithium Battery
- Charging current: 460mA (Max)
- RTC timer precision: ± 1.5S/DAY(25°C)
- RTC battery: CR1220
- Display: 0.96" OLED display
- Expandable memory: mini SD card
- Grove Interface:
- 2 x Grove I2C
- 1 x Grove UART
- 1 x A0/D0 Grove
- Other External Equipment:
- Passive buzzer
- User button
- 5V servo connector
- 1 x Seeeduino XIAO Expansion Board
- Seeeduino XIAO Expansion board, Seediono Wiki
- Projects example:
- Smart Home: IR Remote Control Fan - based on Seeeduino XIAO & Expansion Board
- Remote control car-based on Seeedruino XIAO expansion board
- Fingerprint unlocks treasure box - SeeeduinoXIAO
- Heartrate Monitor Watch - SeeeduinoXIAO wearables Project
- Air Quality Sensor Hub
- Seeedruino XIAO expansion board - mjolnir
- Indoor Hand-held Co2 Detector (for Covid-19 Purpose)
- Seeduino Xiao + Grove Board from SeeedStudio(Italian)