- This is starter kit for latest version of Raspberry Pi Zero W (Wireless), if you are looking for Raspberry Pi Zero v1.3 starter kit, get it here.
Yes, it is finally here. Raspberry Pi Zero W (Wireless) is available on Cytron marketplace. This is super cheap (USD 10.00 at retail) single board computer. Hey! With just ~ RM40.00, you get a working computer. It is cheaper than any Arduino controller board with 32-bit processor, and it comes with WiFi and Bluetooth ready. It is not a working computer though, at least you have the motherboard :) The new Raspberry Pi Zero W offers all the benefits of the Pi Zero v1.3, but with one big difference – built-in Wireless (WiFi and Bluetooth)! More specifically, this giant upgrade is the addition of a BCM43143 WiFi chip BUILT-IN to your Raspberry Pi Zero – just like the Pi 3 model B! No more pesky WiFi adapters - this tiny Pi is WiFi ready. There’s also Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) on board making the Pi an excellent IoT solution (BLE support is still in the works, software-wise). Let's see the introduction from Raspberry Pi Magazine team:
Raspberry Pi Zero W is a super-compact, hackable, and ultra-low cost computer, This is the version with built-in WiFi and Bluetooth.
With BCM 2835 (32-bit ARM based processor) SoC running at 1GHz, the raspberry pi zero is faster than Raspberry Pi 1. With mini-HDMI, micro-B OTG USB, and the same 40-pin GPIO it is still has great connectivity although you'll probably need some accessories to help you hook it up to your existing devices. Check out the introduction of this computer from Rasberry Pi Zero W design team:
The best part about all this is that the Pi Zero W keeps the same shape, connectors, and mounting holes as the Pi Zero v1.3. 99% of cases and accessories will still be fully compatible with both the Pi Zero W and v1.3 - though if you have a case with a metal top there might be some WiFi connectivity difficulties.
As many of you know, the Raspberry Pi Zero W alone is not really useful, you need additional accessories to get it running :) At least USB adapter and microSD card is a must. So we recommend this starter kit with:
- 1 x Raspberry Pi Zero W
- 1 x Acrylic Case for Rpi Zero/Zero W to protect the Raspberry Pi Zero W
- 1 x 16GB microSD card with SD card adapter, pre-loaded with NOOBS (New Out of Box Software)
- 1 x 5V 2.5A USB Adapter to power it
- 1 x Raspberry Pi Wire Kit:
- 1 x HDMI mini to standard HDMI adapter/converter
- 1 x USB OTG cable (USB MicroB to to USB Type A receptor)
- 1 x 2x20 Header pin (For GPIO)
Pi Zero W Features and Specs:
- Processor: BCM 2835 SOC
- Clock speed: 1GHz
- RAM: 512MB
- Built-in Wireless: WiFi + Bluetooth 4.1 + BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy), same as Raspberry Pi 3.
- Memory: micro-SD
- Display and Audio: mini-HDMI
- USB Port: micro-B USB for data
- Power input: micro-B USB for power
- Camera interface: CSI camera connector (needs adaptor cable, 0.5mm pitch to pitch CSI)
- GPIO: Unpopulated 40-pin GPIO connector, compatible with Raspberry Pi Zero v1.3 and Raspberry Pi 3.
- Compatibility of GPIO: Compatible with existing HAT addons
- Dimensions: 65mm x 30mm x 5mm
Please note: Some boards are made in the UK, some in China. WE DO NOT KNOW IN ADVANCE NOR CONTROL WHICH ONES YOU MAY RECEIVE!
Documents and Tutorials: