This Pi NoIR gives you everything the regular Camera Module offers, with one difference: it does not employ an infrared filter. (NoIR = No Infrared.) This means that pictures you take by daylight will look decidedly curious, but it gives you the ability to see in the dark with infrared lighting.
The NoIR Camera v2 is the official "night vision" camera board released by the Raspberry Pi Foundation!
The Raspberry Pi NoIR Camera Board v2 is a high quality 8 megapixel Sony IMX219 image sensor custom designed add-on board for Raspberry Pi, featuring a fixed focus lens. It's capable of 3280 x 2464 pixel static images, and also support 1080p@30fps, 720p@60fps, and 640x480p60/90 video.
It attaches to the Pi by way of one of the small sockets on the board's upper surface and uses the dedicated CSI interface, designed especially for interfacing to cameras. Because it does not have InfraRed (NoIR) filter on the lens, it is perfect for doing Infrared photography and taking pictures in low light (twilight) environments.
We bundle a little square of blue gel with the Pi NoIR, which you can use with the camera to monitor the health of green plants. The Pi NoIR is very popular among wildlife hobbyists: with a few infrared LEDs, you can monitor what nocturnal animals are doing in your garden without disturbing them.
The camera works with all models of Raspberry Pi 1, 2, and 3. It can be accessed through the MMAL and V4L APIs, and there are numerous third-party libraries built for it, including the Picamera Python library. See the Getting Started with Picamera resource to learn how to use it.
This Raspberry Pi NoIR Camera Board V2 is compatible with:
- Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 1GB
- Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 2GB
- Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 4GB
- Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 8GB
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B
- Raspberry Pi Zero V1.3, you will need a smaller pitch to pitch CSI cable.
- Raspberry Pi Zero W (Wireless), you will need a smaller pitch to pitch CSI cable.
- Raspberry Pi Zero WH (Wireless and Header), you will need a smaller pitch to pitch CSI cable.
- Improved Resolution
- 8-megapixel native resolution high-quality Sony IMX219 image sensor
- Cameras are capable of 3280 x 2464 pixel static images
- Remaining High Quality
- Capture video at 1080p@30fps, 720p@60fps and 640x480p90 resolutions
- All software is supported within the latest version of Raspbian Operating System
- No Infrared filter making it perfect for taking Infrared photographs or photographing objects in low light (twilight) conditions
- 1.4 µm X 1.4 µm pixel with OmniBSI technology for high performance (high sensitivity, low crosstalk, low noise)
- Optical size of 1/4"
- Dimensions: 25mm x 23mm x 9mm / 0.98" x 0.90" x 0.35"
- 1 x Raspberry Pi NoIR Camera Board v2
- 1 x 15cm FFC(Flexible Flat Cable) Cable
- 1 x Blue square sheet