With the launch of Raspberry Pi 4 Model B single board computer, you will need this official power adapter that comes with USB type C to power up the popular computer. This high quality PSU comes from Raspberry Pi Foundation and it is in White color :) Nice!
Because it does not come with interchangeable main adaptors, it is lower in price but it is as solid as rock. According to Plug and Socket, this is Type G (UK Plug) adapter that is suitable for:
- Full list here.....
We do recommend it to those wanted to power Raspberry Pi for 24 hours and needed a stable power source. We’ve tested this power supply in all kinds of situations, and it’s as solid as a rock; it’ll keep feeding your Pi the steady 5V with maximum 3.0A (15.3W) that it needs for proper performance.
The output voltage of this adapter is cleverly adjusted to higher level at 5.1V for long cable and high current usage. At low current consumption, the voltage will maintains at 5.1V, and this is acceptable for most 5.0V devices as the high limit is 5.5V. And in the case of high current draw, the voltage will drops across cable (long cable), and the additional 0.1V will compensate the drop. That is perfect!
Besides, the extended length of USB type C plug is good to power those Raspberry Pi with case.
- USB type C plug
- 1.5 meter 18 AWG captive cable
- UK AC Plug, Type G
- Short circuit, over current and over voltage protection
- 5.1V output, 3.0A max output, perfect for long cable and high ampere usage
- 15.3W Max Output Power
- Universal AC power input, 100-240VAC, 50/60Hz
- Efficiency: 72% to 81%
- Official from Raspberry Pi Foundation
- Meant for Raspberry Pi 4 Model B
- Dimension: 45 x 45 x 49.7mm
- Output voltage: +5.1V DC
- Minimum load current: 0A
- Nominal load current: 3.0A
- Maximum power: 15.3W
- Load regulation: ±5%
- Line regulation: ±2%
- Ripple & noise: 120mVp-p
- Rise time: 100ms maximum to regulation limits for DC outputs
- Turn-on delay: 3000ms maximum at nominal input AC voltage and full load
- Short circuit protection
- Overcurrent protection
- Over temperature protection
- 81% minimum (output current from 100%, 75%, 50%, 25%)
- 72% minimum at 10% load
- Output cable: 1.5m 18AWG
- Output connector: USB Type-C
- Voltage range:
- 100-240VAC (rated)
- 96-264VAC (operating)
- Frequency: 50/60Hz ±3Hz
- Current: 0.5A maximum
- Power consumption (no load): 0.075W maximum
- Inrush current: No damage shall occur and the input fuse shall not blow
- Voltage range:
- 1 x Official RPi 15W (5V/3A) PSU USB C UK Plug - White
The power adapter is perfect.