Note: Not suitable for children under 4 years old!
A wooden that balances on its beak? What sorcery is this?! Hold up! It's no sorcery, for an object to balance, it needs to be supported directly underneath its center of gravity. In this case, the bird's center of gravity is located at the tip of the beak, hence it can be balanced on a fingertip, or on a tiny pole!
What is the center of gravity you say? The center of gravity is the point where all weight is evenly dispersed and all sides are balanced. So what happens if you stick a penny on one side of the wing? Give it a go!
- Do It Yourself Wooden Floating Bird STEM Kit.
- Simple and yet educational.
- Suitable for age 4 years old and above.
- Come with everything needed to assemble.
- No soldering or additional tools are needed.
- Learn about the basics of the center of gravity.
- Wooden parts for the bird structure
- 1 x Stick
- 1 x Sanding filer
- 1 x Wood glue