This Water Level Sensor Float Switch is a sensor used to sense the level of the liquid within a tank, it may further trigger a pump, an indicator, an alarm, or other device. Connecting it to controller such as Raspberry Pi or Arduino will enable more possible application.
This water level float sensor is very easy to use. Act as a mechanical switch or dry contact, extended out into 2 wires. There is a float-able cylinder component surrounding the sensor. When the cylinder and at the bottom, the switch is open. When water level rises, it push the cylinder upwards and the switch closes. Because the output of sensor act like a switch, this sensor is compatible with any microcontroller including Raspberry Pi, Arduino, micro:bit, and more.
We propose to combine this with controller such as Arduino or even simple Relay module for it to control high load such as water pump or lighting.
There are mounting nuts and washer too, the mounting hole size is 10mm.
- Simple to use water level sensor
- Dry contact output, act like a switch, or reed switch.
- Fully conceal, submerge-able
- Liquid or water level detector
- Model No. : ZP4510
- Max Contact Rating : 10W
- Max Switching Voltage : 220V DC/AC
- Max Switching Current : 0.5A
- Max Breakdown Voltage : 300V DC/AC
- Max Carry Current : 1A
- Max Contact Resistance : 100m ohm
- Temperature Rating : -10 / +85 Celsuis
- Float Ball Material : P.P
- Float Body Material : P.P
- Thread Dia(Approx) : 9.5mm / 0.374"
- Switch Body Size : 23.3 x 57.7mm / 0.9" x 2.27"(Max D*H)
- Cable Length : 36cm / 14.2"
- Color : White
- Net Weight : 70g
- Mounting hole size: 10mm
Note: Although the spec says it can switch AC voltage up to 220VAC, we have never tried it out. The max voltage we uses is at 12VDC.
- Saltwater Tank
- Freshwater Tank
- Aquariums for power head control
- Fish Tank
- 1 x Water Float or Level Sensor Switch