ToF that employs time-of-flight techniques to resolve distance between the emitting point and the reach point of a subject, measuring the round trip time of an artificial light signal provided by a laser.
This unit integrated a distance measuring sensor VL53L0x providing accurate distance measurement whatever the target reflectance, unlike conventional technologies. It can measure absolute distances up to 2m in less than 30ms.
This unit communicates with M5Core via I2C (0x29).
- In this case, make sure you use the 3.3V on SDA and SCL, M5Core GROVE provides 3.3V to data pins, 5V to the power pin. Only 3.3v allowed on VL53L0x.
- This unit is actually an add-on unit for M5Stack controllers. The controllers are NOT INCLUDED in the package. However, it is compatible with following controllers:
- If you're interested to get other M5Stack modules in your hand for a lot more fun projects, you may get them here.
Features and specifications:
- High precision
- Measure absolute distances up to 2m
- The wavelength of laser: 940nm
- Program Platform:
- UIFlow(Blockly, Python)
- 1D gesture recognition
- Laser Ranging
- 3D structured light imaging (3D sensing)
- Camera assist (ultra-fast autofocus and depth of field)
- Two Lego-compatible holes
- Net weight: 4g
- Gross weight: 17g
- Product size: 32*24*8mm
- Package size: 67*53*12mm
- 1x ToF Unit
- 1x Grove Cable