This is the newly designed 3.5-inch TFT Touch Screen (Resistive) that comes with additional heatsink with a cooling fan! Yes, this is the touch screen that we have been waiting for after the launch of the most powerful Raspberry Pi 4 Model B.
Note: the ABS case is not included in this product, please grab the enclosure here.
Note: Raspberry Pi 4 Model B is not included in this product, please get your preferred RAM size of Raspberry Pi 4 Model B here.
As we understand, Raspberry Pi 4 Model B delivers great performance and of course, more power will generate more heat as of all CPU :) So we need a way to install additional heatsink to dissipate the extra heat. It will be better if we can have the option to add a cooling fan for active cooling. Well, this 3.5-inch touch screen LCD comes ready with the heatsink and cooling fan for you to use with the Raspberry Pi 4 Model B. it solves all the concerns.
Because the 3.5-inch touch screen uses the GPIO on the Raspberry Pi board, so it stretches out 2 pins for power supply of cooling from the screen's PCB.
The heatsink + cooling fan structure is designed to be low profile so it will not conflict with the 3.5-inch LCD. Also, the heatsink and fan come in one piece and mounting is through the 4 mounting holes of Raspberry Pi board. Again, without blocking the installation of 3.5 inches LCD. Practical and nicely designed.
3.5 inches TFT 320x480 pixels, Resistive Touch, 50 fps:
The touch screen LCD is ready with 320×480 resolution, 50 FPS (Frame per second). Resistive touch control is being supported by the Raspberry Pi OS or Raspbian (directly-pluggable). However, we will still need to install the driver for graphic display :)
This LCD and the heatsink + fan is compatible with:
- Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 1GB (Discontinued, still compatible)
- Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 2GB
- Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 4GB
- Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 8GB (Newly launch in May 2020)
3.5-inch LCD fits perfectly on the Raspberry Pi Model B or B+ board as it nicely covers the whole Raspberry Pi mainboard. Combining with the 3.5 touch screen case for RPi 4B, you will get a perfect console :) Don't forget to remove the top lid/cover of the enclosure for the 3.5-inch LCD.
The Graphic driver is provided and can be downloaded for Raspberry Pi OS/Raspbian. It also supports Ubuntu and Kali Linux. Do follow the steps here: http://www.lcdwiki.com/MHS-3.5inch_RPi_Display
Note: Please use the recommended system for the touch screen. If another system is used, it may not have the touch function or may not work. You need to configure it yourself. Because there are many systems that the Raspberry Pi can use, we can’t make every system compatible with the touch screen.
- 3.5-inch TFT LCD screen with heatsink and cooling fan
- Compatible with the latest Raspberry Pi 4 Model B
- Graphic drivers can be installed from Github, please refer to the steps here
- Support Raspberry Pi OS/Raspbian, Ubuntu and Kali Linux Operating System
- Match perfectly with the 3.5-Inch Touch Screen ABS case (not included)
- 3.5 inches LCD Spec:
- Screen Type: TFT
- Touch: Resistive Touch Control
- Resolution: 480 * 320
- Refresh Rate: 50Hz
- Interface: SPI (Input 125MHz)
- Backlight: LED
- Backlight Current: 120mA
- Power: 5V
- Operating Environment: -20 ~ 70 ℃
- Size: ~ 89 x 60 x 30mm/3.5 x 2.36 x 1.18"
- Heatsink and Fan:
- Mount through the four screw holes of Raspberry Pi's PCB
- Thermal pads provided for CPU, RAM IC, Ethernet Controller, USB Controller and Power Management IC
- Low Profile
- Active cooling with the fan
- Power from the 5V pin of LCD's PCB (back)
- No speed control on the fan speed (always ON)
Installing the graphic driver for the LCD on the Raspberry Pi 4 Model B:
- Please get a microSD card with the latest NOOBS/Raspberry Pi OS/Raspbian, or update the OS.
- Stack the LCD onto Raspberry Pi, before the graphic driver is installed, the Raspberry Pi will output graphic to HDMI port, so you will need a monitor, mouse, and keyboard to access to the terminal.
- Access to Raspberry Pi OS through the terminal, it can be SSH too.
- Install the graphic driver into Raspberry Pi OS
- Execute the following command:
- sudo rm -rf LCD-show
- git clone https://github.com/goodtft/LCD-show.git
- chmod -R 755 LCD-show
- cd LCD-show/
- sudo ./MHS35-show
- After this command, the Raspberry Pi will restart and the graphic will be displayed on 3.5 LCD instead of HDMI port.
- The touch screen works without any special driver, as we tested on the latest Raspberry Pi OS (30 July 2020).
- For more details, please refer to this link: http://www.lcdwiki.com/MHS-3.5inch_RPi_Display
- 1 x 3.5-inch TFT resistive touch screen, 50FPS (Black color PCB)
- 1 x Touch Pen
- 1 x Heatsink with Cooling Fan
- 1 x Set Screws and spacers
- 5 x Thermal pad
- Wiki page to install the graphic driver and other useful commands