We get very excited when we first participated in the Sumo Robot competition last summer. We lost in the first round and it triggered us to improve our robot for future games. But when we explore further, we found out that it is just too tedious and time-consuming to upgrade the robot. There are not many off-the-shelf parts or all-in-one kit in the market. Many parts need to be custom made and the cost to order just a few sets is too high.
With the intention to solve these problems, we decided to work with Team Ikedo Kogeki who has tonnes of experience in the international level Sumo Robot Competition to design this product.
The Ikedo Mini Sumo Robot Pro is the most powerful fighting machine that designed to knock down the opponent in seconds! It is equipped with a pair of super powerful micro size metal geared DC motor (800RPM), the high friction silicone wheels, 5 X opponents sensors to cover 180º spectrum, a high-density copper base mounted underneath to increase the robot weight and many more!
This is a pro version construction kit that comes with all higher spec parts to enhance the performance so the price is not the concern during our design. If you are a beginner that looking for a cost-friendly solution, you can check out the starter version.
Last but not least, the highlights of the main controller of the robot - Maker Mini Sumo. This 9.1cm x 3.5cm controller is powered by ATMEGA 328 (Arduino Uno compatible), built-in with 6 Amp peak H-bridge motor driver and several ports for sensors. You do not need any external circuit boards with messy jumper wires to make your robot works.
- Size: 10cm x 10cm
- Weight: 350gram
- Chassis color: black
- Chassis material: PLA (3D printed)
- Battery: 7.4V 450mAh LiPo rechargeable battery
- 5 x opponent sensors (Range: 50cm adjustable)
- 2 x edge sensor (underneath)
- 2 x 6V DC motors (800rpm, 3.1kg.cm)
- Arduino Nano/Uno compatible (Powered by ATmega328P)
- CH340C based USB to serial converter
- Auto and manual control mode (RC transmitter and receiver sold separately).
- On-board start button and port for external start module (Not included).
- LED status indicator for power, motor, opponent sensors and start button.
- Programmable LED, 3-ways DIP switch, potentiometer and piezo buzzer.
- Port for RC servo.
- Arduino IDE compatible
- User Guide
- Datasheet for Maker Mini Sumo Controller (MAKER-MSUMO)
- Datasheet for Opponent Sensor (MAKER-OBJECT)
- Datasheet for Edge Sensor (MAKER-REFLECT)
- Arduino Library and Examples
- 1 x Maker Mini Sumo Controller
- 5 x Maker Object Sensor (opponent)
- 2 x Maker Reflectance Sensor (edge)
- 2 x 800RPM 6V DC Micro Metal Gearmotor
- 1 x 3D Printed Motor Bracket
- 2 x Sumozade Silicone Wheel 30x23mm
- 1 x 7.4V 450mAh LiPo Battery
- 1 x Mini Sumo Robot Chassis (Main)
- 1 x Laser-Cut Stainless Steel Shield
- 1 x 4' Stainless Steel Razor Blade
- 1 x Copper Base Weight Base
- 1 x JST LiPo Battery Wire Extension
- 1 x 2561 3Ways Connector Extension Wire
- 8 x M3x6 Self Tapping Scew (Black)
- 4 x M3x18 Bolt for Motor Bracket
- 4 x M3 Nut for Motor Bracket
- 1 x Philip Screwdriver